Rosslare Amateur Boxing Club
The Club will be called Rosslare Boxing Club and will be affiliated to the IRISH AMATEUR BOXING ASSOCIATION
2: VISION STATEMENT
“To provide a quality community/amateur boxing club based in Rosslare, that offers opportunities for all children, youths and young adults in our community to grow in self-confidence, enable empowerment and promotes the welfare of all in an inclusive manner, with the aim to support each member to achieve their full potential”.
3: Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of the club will be:
- To provide a safe, friendly, positive, social and community boxing environment for all participants;
- To offer coaching and competitive opportunities in BOXING;
- To promote the club within the local community and BOXING;
- To manage the premises of Rosslare Boxing Club;
- To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club;
- To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone;
- Encourage the development of our coaches and volunteer staff through the provision of courses and relevant training;
- Develop and maintain links with other clubs and competitions throughout the region;
- To remain in touch with the needs of its members and potential members, and place these needs at the forefront of any developments within the club;
- To increase the club’s membership through PR, marketing and innovative open sessions;
- To hold a central database of all members, coaches and officials within the club;
- To continually seek applicable funding and finance so that the aims and objectives of the Rosslare Boxing Club can be fulfilled.
- To ensure all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment.
- Membership should consist of officers and members of the club.
- All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining the club will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of practice that the club has adopted.
- Members will be enrolled in one of the following categories:
- Full member
- Associate member
- Junior member
- Life member
- The Committee shall maintain a register of affiliated members that shall be available upon request
5: Membership fees
- Membership fees will be set annually and agreed by the Club Committee or determined at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Fees will be paid: by daily/ weekly/monthly/annual subscription.
6: Officers of the club
- The officers of the club will be:
- Head Coach
- Designated Safeguarding Children Officer
- The club may also consider the following positions:
- Vice Chair
- Publicity Officer
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Any other relevant position
- Officers will be elected annually at the AGM.
- All officers will retire each year but will be eligible for re-appointment.
The club will be managed through the Club Committee consisting of:
- NAMES OF OFFICER POSTS. Only these posts will have the right to vote at meetings of the Club Committee.
- The Club Committee will be convened by the Secretary of the club and held no less than 4 meetings per year.
- The quorum required for business to be agreed at Management Committee meetings will be 50% of the Club Committee.
- The Club Committee will be responsible for adopting new policy, codes of practice and rules that affect the organisation of the club.
- The Club Committee will have powers to appoint sub-committees as necessary and appoint advisers to the Club Committee as necessary to fulfil its business.
- The Club Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the club rules/regulations/constitution. The Club Committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearings.
- The Club shall operate as a not-for-profit sporting organisation
- All club monies will be banked in an account held in the name of the club.
- The Club Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the club, recording all income and expenditure, which can be made available upon request.
- The financial year of the club will end on 31/12/2019.
- An audited statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer at the AGM.
- There will be 3 cheque signatories and each cheque shall require 2 of the 3 signatories to draw funds against the Club bank account. The signatories must be the treasurer, the chair and either vice chair, secretary or another management committee member.
9: Annual General meetings
- The Club shall hold an AGM not more than 15 months after the last AGM, meeting at such time and place as determined.
- Notice of AGMs will be given by the Club Secretary. Not less than 21 clear days’ notice to be given to all members.
- The AGM will receive a report from officers of the Club Committee and a statement of the audited accounts.
- Nominations for officers of the Club Committee will be sent to the Secretary prior to the AGM.
- Elections of officers are to take place at the AGM. All members have the right to vote at the AGM.
- The quorum for AGMs will be 25% of membership.
- The Club Committee has the right to call Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs) outside the AGM. Procedures for EGMs will be the same as for the AGM.
10: Safeguarding children
Rosslare Boxing Club is fully committed to safeguarding the well being of its members. Every individual in the club/organisation should, at all times, show respect and understanding for their rights, safety and welfare, and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of the organisation and the guidelines provided by our governing body and contained in the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport.
11: EQUITY POLICY STATEMENT
Rosslare Boxing Club is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of its development. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the following definition of sports equity:
“Sports equity is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address them. It is about changing the culture and structure of sport to ensure it becomes equally accessible to everyone in society.”
- The club respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
- The club is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse.
- All club members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
- The club will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously, according to club disciplinary procedures.
12: Discipline and appeals
- All concerns, allegations or reports of poor practice/abuse relating to the welfare of children and young people will be recorded and responded to swiftly and appropriately in accordance with the club’s safeguarding children and young people policy and procedures. The club’s Child Welfare Officer is the lead contact for all members in the event of any safeguarding concerns.
- All complaints regarding the behaviour of members should be presented and submitted in writing to the Secretary.
- The Club Committee will meet to hear complaints within 14 days of a complaint being lodged. The committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action including the termination of membership.
- The outcome of a disciplinary hearing should be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within 7 days of the hearing.
- There will be the right of appeal to the Management Committee following disciplinary action being announced. The committee should consider the appeal within 14 days of the Secretary receiving the appeal.
A resolution to dissolve the club can only be passed at an AGM or EGM through a majority vote of the membership.
In the event of dissolution, any assets of the club that remain will become the property of the facility owner, irish amateur boxing association or SOME OTHER CLUB WITH SIMILAR OBJECTIVES TO THOSE OF THE CLUB.
14: Amendments to the constitution
The constitution will only be changed through agreement by majority vote at an AGM or EGM.
Adopted on: _________________________
Signed by: ____________________